Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just upgraded my 98 A6 1.9TDi to a 2002 A6 of the exact same model.

The newer model has one cup holder on the left and one ESP button on the right of the dash, I never ever use cup holders and wondered if it was possible to rob the little pop out money tray from my 98 car and swap it for the cup holder in the 02 car.
They look to be the same overall size but I dare not try and prize one out for fear of causing damage.
Does anyone have any experience of removing these items please.

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Phil, I just took out my cup holder last weekend and it's a breeze. First, you need to take out your radio which require two special keys. You can get them at Ebay. Let me know if you can't find it; I can send you a link. Then you need to take out the exterior trim that surround the cupholder which is held by two clips. The cup holder is also hold in place by the same type of clips. You can use a small screwdriver to take out the clips and you can slide it out. Actually, I need to replace my cupholder and if you can take it out without damaging it then I like to buy it off you if you don't need them. My exterior cup holder panel is broken off and the slider is not slideing anymore. Let me know how it goes. You can PM me. I can also send you the assembly diagram if you need it. Let me know. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts