Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really tempted to put an Ultra S unorthodox underdrive crank pulley on my 1.8T A4 but wondering if anyone has any experience with it? What will it do to my sound system and wil I feel the extra 10 to 18HP and 10 to 20lb of torque unorthodox claims? Also why is it that only on certain cars do you get 10Hp and some 18HP? Cars with bigger exhaust etc. get closer to that 18HP? Feedback greatly appreciated!

http://www.unorthodoxracing.com

·
Registered
195 Posts
The HP gains are from two things; weight reduction, and underdriving the accessories by using a smaller diameter pulley and unorthodox makes two pulleys for either option.

If you are going to do this, I would stick with the stock diameter pulley since underdrive is likely to cause other problems with the accessories. So all your hp gains will be through weight reduction. I doubt you will see 10hp or be able to feel the increase. Even though it is only $200 I doubt it is worth it, especially since you have done most of the other mods already and are likely to see far less than the HP claims they make. But of course, the choice is always up to you to decide if it's worth spending the money and time.

VB

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya the one for the B5 1.8T gets its power from weight reduction... so the claims are wrong? I wanna feel it... just wondering if it's long or hard to install? let's say I bring it to a mechanic or Audi... how many hours are we talking about? It's basically the only mod I have left without going to a bigger turbo setup!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i say if u are gonna buy it, buy it when ur about to do a belt change and i say get a nuespeed one

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya that's the thing... already got my belt changed so now I dunno if it's worth it to re pay for the labour.... neuspeed apparently doesn't make one for my car... only for the 2.8. why is it better though?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts