Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me find the exact location of the cowl drain holes on 2002 A6? I've looked and looked and searched online, but can't find them. I've been getting a lot of water on my floor when it rains, but I can't find the holes. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the leak. On the roof there are two channels (near the doors) in the metal that go the length of the roof. Where the channel meets the windshield on the top driver side, there is supposed to be rubber sealant, but it's missing. So I filled it with some RTV and we'll see if it works.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm glad you found it! Strangely, our cars seem to have various leakage problems :angry:. I am facing now another one, but I guess it's only the drain holes from under the windshield that got clogged. Just need a sunny day to fix it.

If yours was leaking from top of the windshield, did you notice any signs of wetness on the A-pillar? Water should have gone down somewhere...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't notice any wetness on the pillar inside, the water must have gone down between the windshield and the outside of the pillar. It rained last night (oddly enough) and my fix worked! I do wonder though, if there will be a rust issue from water being trapped in the pillar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it rained hard here yesterday...my car still leaks :puzzled: My car is going in the shop hopefully this week, then I'm gonna sell it. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I'll be sad to sell it, but at the same time relieved. I have warranty, but the closest Audi Dealership is 2 hours away, and the number of problems outweighs my fondness for the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts