Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off thanks for taking time to help me. Okay i just bought a 96 a4 and i have a couple of problems. The first thing is that its a quattro but only the front wheels are driving, could this be an electrical problem or mechanical?

second my power seat doesnt work, not one button

can i change the outside temp to fareinheight?

and finally my cruise control is out

is there a fuse box other than inside the car? if that could even be a fuse

Any knowlege to any of these questions is much appreciated Thanks a lot,
josh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by jits7@Dec 10 2005, 01:18 PM
First off thanks for taking time to help me. Okay i just bought a 96 a4 and i have a couple of problems. The first thing is that its a quattro but only the front wheels are driving, could this be an electrical problem or mechanical?

second my power seat doesnt work, not one button

can i change the outside temp to fareinheight?

and finally my cruise control is out

is there a fuse box other than inside the car? if that could even be a fuse

Any knowlege to any of these questions is much appreciated Thanks a lot,
josh
Josh,
Here are my thoughts...
How are you sure that only the front wheels are driving? the Quattro system is purely mechanical, so it's not an electrical issue. It sends power to both front axles and to the rear diff all the time. If one of them is disconnected, you go nowhere fast because the car won't even budge.
Power seat: check your fuses on the side of the dash.
Change outside temp to *F: push and hold the Air Circulation button on the climate control, then simultaniously push one of the "+" buttons...i cannot remember if its Fan speed or temp....but one should work.
If your cruise is out, it sounds like a vaccum leave to the cruise vac solenoid. check your vacuum lines to the cruise.

good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know only the front wheels are turning because i had a friend watch thanks for the info ill check it out also can you change the temp on dash to farienhieght?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by jits7@Dec 12 2005, 12:51 PM
i know only the front wheels are turning because i had a friend watch thanks for the info ill check it out also can you change the temp on dash to farienhieght?
interesting. Maybe your front wheels were on a slippier surface than the rears....remember, power takes the path of least resistance.
and when you make that change to your climate control, it also changes the dash outside temp...otherwise i wouldn't have said it ;-) :beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts