Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Got a 1993 2.0 16v coupe but the electric window drivers side doesn't work at all. The passenger side is fine with both switvhes, Sun roof ok too. Can't hear any noise at all when trying to open drivers. Any ideas?

Also, I have no function at all from the rear wiper, no movement from it or the washer, again, just seems dead. Help me!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Am I correct in assuming that there is only one switch for the drivers side window? Sadly, for a decent diagnosis, it is probably necessary to remove the door lining to get to the motor and it's connector, unless you know the location of the window control unit.

I have had problems with the switches, the wiring and the motors all of which give the symptom you describe. If the regulator or it's cable is duff there is normally some noise or sign of life.

The same goes for the rear wash wipe. If neither is working is there anything in common e.g a fuse, the switch or a connector?

There seems to be a bit of a dearth of information about the 1993 models which is a bit unfortunate.

Good luck.

Keith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts