Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this is my first post, I hope someone can help me.
I bought 2.6E Coupe a couple of weeks ago N reg 145k. I've had a few issues with seized rear brakes and knackered drop links which I've sorted and the car runs like a dream now....but... there's one last 'clunk' I can't find which can be felt through the steering wheel, usually as you pull away from rest. I've checked all the swivel joints, tie rods, track rods etc but there's no visible play :confused: . There's a bit of side to play in the column but it doesn't make the same noise. Is there anywhere else I should be looking for play in the steering?

·
Registered
10 Posts
hiya.. i had exactly the same problem with my 2.6 coupe and i have spoke to my husband and he has said that it could be the small plastic pipe that sits near the small stabalizing arm that sit ontop of the steering rack on the passenger side of the car (check that it is not catching anything when turning) or it could be the suspension springs at the front getting stuck on the shock absorbers where it sits on the turrets.. hope this helps

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, most likely the second of those because it seems to happen after the car's been standing for a while, especially in the morning. I'll jack it up tonight and have a peek........ J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts