Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1990 a80. the cooling fan does not come on and when i sit in traffic the warning light begins to flash. the fan does work, because sometimes it will come on randomly.
where are the relays located and switches/sensors i should check? is there a resource online I can find a schematic or instructions to check this system?
mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
it was a problem i had - and was fixed by the garage quite cheaply, involved a replacement relay.

As an emergency measure whilst in traffic and to stop it overheating, just turn the interior heating on full blast (i know its not ideal in the hot weather) and that should cool it down enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently purchased a 1990 a80. the cooling fan does not come on and when i sit in traffic the warning light begins to flash. the fan does work, because sometimes it will come on randomly.
where are the relays located and switches/sensors i should check? is there a resource online I can find a schematic or instructions to check this system?
mike
I have a similar problem in my 94's 80 Avant. What reapends is that the radiator fan switch (located at the bottom of the driver's side of the radiator - near the radiator bottom hose) has the wrong set of open/close temperatures. Myne starts when temperature gauge indicates 105ºC and works for less than 30 seconds. It's strange and I don't know yet if it's some dust in the radiator or a faulty water pump.
To solve this, you must turn on the AC because it'll force the two fans to turn on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts