Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are these cars prone to having control arm/tie rod/front suspension component problems or what?...all 4 of my front upper and lower control arms were bad from the start (bought it used)...i changed them this past AUGUST and the left side is bad again! wtf! its making the same noise it did before it was fixed! can someone tell me whats going on, please! its pissing the **** outta me and i dont want to replace them again if i dont have to......is it just the cold weather making the polyurethane stiffen up? ahhh!

the noise is a "clank, clank" kind of noise whenever i go over a small bump or pothole at parking lot speeds and higher.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
yea audi has a problem with control arms
is your cars suspension stock

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the sport suspension. i have the sport package. (the 10 spoke rims, 3 spoke steering wheel w/sport emblem, sport suspension and whatever else comes with that package)...?

and should i worry about replacing it AGAIN or can i just live with the noise?

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
where did u get it fixed? cause he might have replaced the control arms, but if u bought the arms used the rubber bushings could have been bad! so u should have gotten a waranty on the control arms b/c mine came with one. take it bac to u'r mechanic and have him check it out. it might also be your shocks but i could be wrong. hope this is helpfull!!!
good luck :beer:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im gunna have him look at it again. because thats b.s....but if it really is bad again, do i HAVE to replace it or can i live with the noise?

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
u don't have to replace it but trust me the noise gets very very annoying, i drove my car for 3 months and it was torture with that noise. but u should have gotten a warranty with the control arm. u should ask him!!!!!
good-luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts