Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 BMWs am thinking of changing over to Audi. Wonder if there are any A4 cab owners out there who could give me some advice incl. the following:-

- Car is not going to be garaged - is this a serious problem in Winter and could it cause roof to deteriorate?

- Including trade-in on my car, got about £18k to spend. Any particular model recommended - realistically not higher than 3.0L - and is the quattro option a must?

- Would you pay the extra to buy from Audi dealer?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm sure you've already bought one - I've had mine a couple of years now and I've not had too much go wrong with it - the hoods are quite tough and the cars are well built so dot worry about deterioration.
Important to note these cars are heavy, if you want enconomy go for a 1.8T, I've got a 2.4 which is a great mid range cruiser but I think if I could of found the right spec I would have gone for a 3.0 - check to see it has a Quattro as most I've seen are front wheel drive.
For 18K you'll struggle to get a decent spec from a dealer - my advice is go non-franchise and get a better deal.
I too made the trip from BMW to Audi - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised : )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A4 Cab Cont.

Thanks for that Broadword. Funnily enough I haven't got round to buying one yet and am realistically looking at January 2007 now. I take on board your comments re engine size - do you meant the 3.0 petrol or diesel model and I assume that with either of these Quattro option is a must. Is there any other options you went for that you recommend - yours looks the business by the way!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was talking about a 3.0 petrol, though diesel’s come a long way – to be honest wouldn't worry too much about having a quattro unless you're planning to drive it hard and really want the 4 wheel drive, the 2 wheel drive versions still offer plenty of grip.

In terms of other stuff its down to preference and number of desired toys! my preference for Alcantara/leather instead of full leather - it feels and I think ages better and doesn't get so hot if you leave the hood down, make sure the car comes with a wind deflector, also manual seats over auto, the manual is much easier to use rather than waiting for the motorised seat adjustment.

Sat nav is good, two versions available the CD based one that uses the drivers information window and the full DVD based one with a full-size screen – both are good.

I’ve really enjoyed owning mine, they are a good car - fun yet practical for a convertible - Good luck – hope you find what you’re looking for J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts