Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, am new to the forum. I've got an 02 330xi which has been great (despite the above average maintenance required, in my situation..), especially here in Calgary, Alberta where we get snow for 4 months of the year (...or more sometimes...). I now have 2 young children, and am considering moving up to something a little larger/spacious, and more power. For me, AWD is a relevant consideration...I am having a tough time narrowing my choices down. Am thinking of the following few choices, price is always a consideration at some point:

1. BMW 530 xi - has the AWD, great exterior
2. Audi A6 4.2 Quattro- has the AWD, v8 power, interior very appealing
3. Lexus GS350 - Good HP, comfy interior, and AWD
4. Infinitu M35X - impressed more with the interior than the exterior

I am not an "extreme" driver, just the occasional need for speed...that, and a fairly comfortable ride, I don't want to feel every tiny bump in the road...just looking for comments and feedback from others. Thanks.
:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have an 01 A6 4.2 Quattro and it's great in the snow. The styling stands out when compaired to the Lexus and Infinity. Audi's been doing AWD for a long time when compaired to your other choices. I know that I will buy another.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Buy the Audi. I own a 2006 Sline A6 and I tested all the vehicles you listed prior to my purchase except the M45. I live in Europe so this wasnt an option for me. I also tested the MERC 320 D and the AUDI was best among the group.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, much appreciated...basically I have narrowed down to the BMW or AUDI (sound familiar?).....may wait until 535xi comes out, but will certainly test drive both.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts