Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently had my front Xenon headlamp Assy. of my Audi A6 (2002) replaced by an Audi dealer. I am now beginning to see a condensation buildup in the assy. I contact the dealer and they advised me that this is a normal occurance for this assy. Has anyone heard of this and if so who can I address this issue above the dealers head?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Condensation in headlamp

I have it pretty badly on my passenger side. Doesn't seem to affect the function of the lights, but would love to have 2, clear, covers. Any suggestions for fixing this are appreciated!
Greg

·
Registered
163 Posts
Definitely not a normal thing... its from moisture geting into the light... which should be almost totally sealed except for the vents. Its possible one of the rear covers is not fully secure, or the ballast wire is not sealed properly. Also, a common problem with headlights (for any make) is a bad seal between the lens and the housing.

The dealer is telling you its normal so they dont have to replace it again. Eventually enough moisture could build up to damage the chrome inside or worse, fog up the lens and hurt the lights performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Condensation in headlight

Thanks Jared,
I actually had this fixed when my turn signal bulb was replaced. It ended up being the rubber gasket that is inside the housing where the lights plug in had come of of the track and wasn't seated correctly, which resulted in water getting in. The problem has been resolved!
Greg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem in my 02 a6. The housing on the back of the assembly was not clipped on properly. Most of the moisture got in after I would go thru the car wash. After I found the problem, I clipped the housing on properly and have had no problems with condensation since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem, just clipped the housing on properly and no more problem. To get the condensation out fire up the car and kick on the brights for about 15mins it will evaporate the water collected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts