Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does any one know is there any AUX IN (or any thing similar) on the Concert II head unit to hook up external sound source?
And how many speakers actually I have? I heard about 10 including the sub-woofer. So far, I can see only 8 (4 speakers and 2 tweeters) – where is the sub-woofer and the other speaker located?

She is about 4 weeks old now, ran around 1800 miles. Every thing seems to be fine apart from a buzzing sound from the rare left passengers’ side (as far as I could follow) and occasional non-operating door mirrors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the sub should be located in the boot on the right (inside the panel)
you can get a aux in lead (mostly used for and ipod) but that inpute connects to the cd changer so you will loose the cd changer

hope it helps!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by jnash@Feb 1 2006, 09:47 AM
the sub should be located in the boot on the right (inside the panel)
I still can't find it. What you mean inside the panel? Is it visible from the outside? Yesterday I talked to one of the Audi technicians and he said though he is very sure that there is no sub-woofer with the standard audio system unless it’s Bose. I’m really confused. Listening to the sound again, I still can’t believe there is no sub at all. Can you please give me any more details? Do you have any pic?

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I got it now. I mean, I didn’t see it yet but now I can feel where the sub-woofer is – it’s inside the left panel in the trunk.
Thank you MrFaize for the tip – I didn’t think that way.

But I definitely got at least eight speakers (excluding sub and the another missing one) in my car:

2x tweeters at the base of the A pillar
2x tweeters one in each rare door inlay
2x drivers one in each of the driver and passenger door
2x drivers one in each side of the rear door below the armrest
1x sub in the boot

Having read the General Body Repairs manual once again, I think, now I know where the 10th
speaker is – it’s a treble/mid range speaker (R158), placed in between tow center dash panel vents.
I’ll confirm tomorrow. :nahrung034:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by MrFaize@Feb 7 2006, 03:04 PM
Is it a Sportback? Mine is a three door.
aawhhh.......that probably makes sense now. Mine one is Sportsback and the yes, another 2x tweeters are on each rare door inlays. I’ll take a snap and post tomorrow if you want to compare with yours. I didn’t have any upgrade – it’s just the stranded one came as default.

That treble/mid range is just below the center of the windscreen – in the same panel as where the alarm diodes flash, underneath the net. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The center speaker beneath the grille right below the windshield serves more or less like a center speaker in a surround system and mainly gives a better definition of sounds that should be in the center of the sound-field, otherwise, in a car, they tend to sound like coming from the speaker next to you, clever!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts