Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping that someone has an answer to this, cause everywhere I look someone is trying to put the symphony into a existing concert setup. I would like to put a concert cd into my 2001 A4 with existing symphony setup. I want to put some gauges below it and have no use for the tape player in the symphony. Anyone done this or know someone who has?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Blimey thats a weird one!!

The problem you have is the OEM look - if you look at the plastic faceplates on the Symphony and down to the climate control they fit perfectly with the slanted centre console. By removing the Symphony and adding the Concert (which fits into a single DIN centre console normally - there are two centre consoles for the A4) it may be that the faceplates no longer line up, or perhaps even the Concert faceplate will be too wide to fit and will need to be filed down.

You will certainly need to lash the Concert in somehow - I'm not sure the bits will be there in your cage to hold the radio securely! Probably a few self-tapping screws though the radio cage would allow the radio to sit in the proper position, leaving a gap below.

As for that gap, I'm not sure what you can do - I guess measure it up and get a plastic moulding company to make you a new faceplate to go in there, then glue it in with your dials on top.

Once thing is for certain - Audi do not sell a radio cage which will hold two seperate single DINs and a double DIN (for the climate control) - they only sell a single din, double din arrangement, or a double din, double din arrangement. Both need different centre consoles.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts