Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

The concert radio/cd stereo in my 2001 A4 is on the blink (not unusual I gather) so I bought an identical looking model that had been taken from an A3.

The new model, just doesn't power up in when the harness is connected, I am expecting it to say "SAFE" but I get nothing. The interesting thing is I do not need to enter the code to the old one when I refit, even though it has been out of the car with no power overnight :wacko:

The model numbers from the A3 are:
AUZ1Z3V2742300
Concert
4B0 035 186

The old exisitng model numbers – from 2001 A4 are:
AUZ1Z3A9612186
Audi Concert plus
4BO O35 186E

Has anyone any clues? should these work?

·
Registered
32 Posts
You didn't say what was wrong with your original unit. Is it still functional and useable for testing. If not, you may need to rule out that you don't have an issue with the in-car harness, fuses, wiring, shorts, etc

The units should be the same, other than some minor difference in the front fascia (fittting difference).

Check the top of both units, there should be wiring diagrams up there.
- Ensure the pins/harnesses are the same.
- Check the fuse in the replacement unit is ok.
- If the old unit still works, plug it in and see how far you get.
- If still no go, get the assistance of an auto electrician, audio shop or audi dealership for further diagnosis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi what type of concert is it CD or cassete, the old cassete type suffer from this problem when the volume control goes faulty and the Eprom fills up.Ho other fix if it is other than an IC change can cost £80 from OE Electronics in Swindon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts