Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, many thanks for the help from from my last thread :). Have another problem though, can anyone tell me know how to remove the three clocks below the heater controls.

Do you have to remove go in from the ashtray up or from the side of the console or from the heater controls down.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks.:(

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey Streety...Greg here ok here we go...there should be an ashtray at the back of the console facing the back seats...remove it and you will see 2 10mm bolts remove those. Ok once you've done that there is a flap just infront of the emergency brake handle...use a small screwdriver to pry it off and you will see another 10mm bolt...remove it. Ok now the back portion of the center console is ready to get out of your way. Now it's tough to get it past the E-Brake but with alittle persuation it can be done and ensure you remove and electronic plugs and switches while pulling it away from the E-Brake. Now once you've gotten that clear you are almost home. In that same flap where you removed that 1 10mm bolt there is also a philips screw that needs to be removed in order for you to lift the shifter boot up. Once you've removed the screw you need to grab both sides of the front console where it wraps around the dash(almost at the very front) and pull straight up to detach the plastic from the clips that are holding it tight to the dash. Once that is accomplished...you should be able to pull back on the front center console while manouvering the shifter boot thru the boot platform hole be very careful tho...you still have wires connected to the cigar lighter and diff locks switch. Feeeww. Ya I know...it's alot but it's the correct way. Good luck and post back if you get stuck. Cheers!

Greg!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Greg, thank you so much for the detailed response. I will follow your instructions to the letter. I will get back to you to let you know how thing go.
First class response.
Many thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts