Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, newbie to these forums, but hoping somebody can help me out with a problem...

The A4 developed a bit of a problem at the weekend, i only seem to have one setting for the fan speed of the climate control system.

manual or auto or even screen demist does nothing. Air is coming out buts it's pretty much nothing.

What is weird though is that after about 20mins of driving the thing kicks in properly, and chucks out loads the right amount of air for the position on the display.

Is this something to do with the climate control sensors / sunlight sensors or is it something more chronic?

I though it may be the blower at first, but afetr 20mins this proves em wrong...

Hope someone can help me out!

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
If the car is not up to temp it will not chuck out much as it will wait till it reaches to designated temp that you set. Unlike the screen mode which will go full Auto and make a lot of noise but not look like its doing much but it does.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate,

problem is that even if you go to full manual and up the fan speed to the max, nothing happens. Only after 20mins or so does it start to work, and the manual override will do anything.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
wonder if some of the flaps behind the dash are stuck closed?? on the B6 you can run a test on the heater flaps behind the dash to see if there all moving.

Rickt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still not sure thats the problem as i'm sure you would hear the fan spooling up.

What is weird is that this evening on the way back from work it was fine, worked straight off.

I'm now wondering whether it's to do with water getting into the cabin. The weather has been pretty shocking this weekend but dried up today. Several months ago i found water in the passenger side footwell. Cause --> skuttle cover not fitted properly. Maybe i've knocked it again and somehow water is getting into the fan motor and then the extra resistance is causing it to not operate properly.

How easy is it to access the fan / blower motor on the B5?

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
It's behind the glove box quite easy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
right don't know if this is a similar problem but the aircon on my car kinda stopped working properly the other day, argh right all the buttons work but the compresser is sounding like its workign very hard but not much air coming out! I'm hoping it just needs to be charged as it only came on all of a sudden.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts