Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:unsure:
Another niggle: the recirculation flap is not closing and with summer on the way, it is going to mean the air-con has to keep cooling warm outside air, and of course those nasty smells keep coming in. I want to take a look at it myself if possbile, does anyone have an idea how it works and a likely problem? It occured to me it just may be sticking and I dont trust the dealer to tell me that. They will want to replace as much as possible!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey Kelvin,

Do all your other flap functions work properly? (heat, defrost, vent).... I always understood that this was controlled by the vacum. If these functions are not working properly it's usually because of a vacum leak and is often pretty cheap to locate and repair. Otherwise it might be debrie trapped inside the ventilation system that prevents the flap from closing completely.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:)
Hey cheesemax,

Yeah everything else works fine, the vents on the dash all open & close as directed, it is just the recirculation vent that does not seem to close, constantly allowing fresh air in. I also figured it could be a bit of debris causing it to stick. Thanks for the pointers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts