Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think my aircon side of the climate control is working properly?

the snowflake appears on the control panel and fan speeds up and then slows down, but no cold air grrrrr.

I'm not sure the compressor is working or kicking in.

Has anybody got a quick check guide to see whats wrong?

Or should I get the system recharged first? and then go about fault finding.

Any help would be grateful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
charge it first.
my b5 is the same age, and i had to have it charged for the first time this year.
they put some juice in it and it was all good..

E

·
Registered
1 Posts
what exactly do you guys mean when you say 'charge it'.

Im having similar problems to these, no cold air from my climate control system, but snowflake symbol doesnt come on at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To function properly tht Aircon system needs to have the correct weight and charge of Aircon Gas.

It sometime leaks out or needs recharging. The systems complicated but see the links below for further info:-

www.audiworld.com/tech/int.html

www.audiworld.com/tech/int.html

www.autoaircons.co.uk/

However, if when you press Auto or the snowflake button and the sybol does not appear on the display you may have another problem????

I'm still learning about it, and will get mine recharged first as recommended by others before going further, you may have a different problem?

·
Registered
13 Posts
If the Compressor is working you should get a change of engine revs at idle when you turn the aircon on

The revs automatically rise to prevent stalling from the load of the compressor on the engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm tried pressing the Auto Climate and Aircon button on/off no change in engine revs or noise of compressor grrrr

I think there might be a pressure switch that protects the pump form working if it needs regassing/charging?

That diagonosic tech article I posted looks complicated? anybody ever tried to use it to fault find??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts