Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own a Audi A4 Cabriolet (silver with a black roof). I have had it about a year. Recently I have noticed that the rain no longer beeds on the roof, it just soaks in. The roof could also do with a good clean too. I usually just rinse it of with clean water. The rest of the car gets cleaned and waxed, but this is my first soft top car!

Can anyone recommend a product(s) that will clean the roof and water proof it again (so rain beeds on it)? I think the Audi dealers in the UK sell products that do this, but they tend to be expensive. For example they will clean and treat the whole car but it costs 600 pounds!!!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi there, I had the same problem, I even had some greenmold in it despite weekly washes.
The best way I found to do a deep clean was to make a solution of biological washing powder up with water, I wet the whole roof and worked in with a soft brush and left for about 15 mins. Then rinse off with a hose. I then treated with Autoglym Hood protector and clean every few weeks with Autoglym hood cleaner. The kit is about £17.00.
You wont get the same protection as when new. God knows what they put on at the factory.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you can find it, use 303 Fabric Guard. It's the only product recommended by Glen Raven Mills, which makes Sunbrella, the "only" fabric used for the marine environment. Water will bead for months, and it will also protect the fabric from UV damage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cleaning Audi Cabrio soft top

Has anyone got any tips for removing the ingrained algy that seems to grow in the weave in the fabric? Has anyone any experience of using a pressure washer? All tips gratefully reveived.

Thanks

Julian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts