Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Tried to do a search on what I was looking for but couldn't really find what I wanted. So pardon me if this has been asked before but I'm keen to find out about chipping the B6.

Bit of background, my ride's a Yr 2004 B6 1.8T with CVT gearbox (163bhp) and am considering chipping the car. Have done a bit of research and have shortlisted down to either using the REVO EEPROM flash or the MTM piggy back chip. I know the REVO is a simple re-flash and the MTM requires soldering work. Have also surfed the MTM and REVO sites and have compared dyno charts provided on those sites. It looks like they are almost identical not only in terms of performance gain i.e. up to approx 190+bhp and 300Nm torque, but also the power and torque curves look similar too. Thus am struggling to decide between the two. Am wondering whether there's any MTM or REVO chipped B6 owners here who can share your experience and any problems encountered thus far.

Will greatly appreciate any feedbacks or comments. Thks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Hi. over here in the uk you can get the B6 1.8t ECU remapped to 218 bhp with a upgraded carbon induction kit for about £600 or ($900).
I think the remap is a better option than a chip and is not detectable if you didnt want to tell your insurance company about power upgrade.
Good luck with the upgrade :57:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i would rather for do the reflash because its safer
and u have a CVT so becareful the CVT trannys are weak

·
Registered
4 Posts
Suggest not doing the APR chip as my experience is engine misfire when engine pulling heavy in 4th, 5th & 6 th gears. APR been very unresponsive...says it is a problem with my engine but friend with same car 05 a4 1.8 has same problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts