Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local chip guru insists its a waste of time. He had the REVO guys out from the US last month and out of curiosity they chipped a stock VW Polo, & only got 6kW (8HP) & 14nm torque extra on the dyno. Volcanoblack, you said GIAC is best for 2.8, but only 5% power increase - is there difference in acceleration, where do you feel it? You guys all say its worth it - maybe the REVO chip is not right for 2.8. Is anyone getting better fuel consumption since chipping? I know an E36 M3 that gets 15% better with Schnitzer. Comments very welcome.
Rob

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i dont think u will get better gas milage but u will lose that speed governer

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
i got better gas milage thats for sure,prob like around 20%. all these ppl say u can't feel a diff. but i can deff. feel it.the respoced so much better w/ the chip. i raced a sentra spec-v turbo and got my ass handed to me stock by like 5 like 6cars,now w/ a chip intake,exhaust he got me by like 1 &1/2. it does make a difference!!!

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
i looked into chipping my 2.0 fsi b6 and it was only going to give me a max of 5-8bhp so i didnt bother as i thought the price of the chip was too great for only 5bhp..

if you have turbo is a total different story.... i would look around and see if theres any more chips out there that claim to give more and take them up on there promise.

Rickt

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
the only 2 companies that i no of that make the chip is Neuspeed and Giac for the 2.8L, i went w/ giac.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
good luck and keep us posted!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts