Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering wat kind of good chips there are out there for the a4 2.8 quattro, and if anyone knows of any please let me no!
thanx

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
NA engines are hard to tune up wit programmin
its not like a turbo where u can just raise the boost and fuel

getting a chip for the 2.8 is not worth it in my opinion

·
Registered
1 Posts
you can send your ECU to GIAC , they say you can expect 10HP ...not really that much, but you will see more torque and better response thru' 3-5000 rpm

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was kinda talking to an audi tech at the dealer and he said something about some kind of programming you can do your self by plugging it into the OBDII plug. this way you dont have to send it out or worry about soldering it back on. anybody know anything about this?

·
Registered
144 Posts
You can't reprogram your ECU via OBD-II. What you can only do is make some fine adjustments to some parameters, although this is not recommended, at least for the long term. You can also check/erase fault codes and enable/disable some features.

The software is called VAG-COM and you can find it here: www.ross-tech.com . There are also numerous discussions and forums about vag-com, do a search on the net for them.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i found a neuspeed chip for about 300 and i asked around and i got a responce from a friend saying he got his done and he can deffenetly feel the difference. but do i have to go to a dyno and get my car tuned or do i just send out my chip?
thanx

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2.8 as well.

I'm assuming chips would be hard to find since its a stock car.

I totally agree with you on performance though. Sometimes I wish my Audi could gun it a little more. But its such a joy to drive and it handles corners so well I can't complain really.

:beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts