Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a look at these new bad boys!! Happened to be passing a wheel shop and went in for a mooch....guy went out the back and came back with the 'new' RS4 wheels apparently - he'd only just got them in and could do me a realllly special deal.....

Yeah right i thought, probably some cheap wannbe wheels he needed to shift so went home and had a look on the net and found he wasn't lying, so went back the next day and bought them!

What do you think?

Anyone know what to do about lowering - dont really want to get coilovers and want something thats not too harsh...was thinking a set of Eiback springs just to tidy it up a bit?? Whats it like to lower on to 18s? any advice appreciated!

Adios, Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
lookin good, and if u lower ur car the ride will be a bit harsher

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wheels look good, bring it up to date. If you go with springs the ride won't be too harsh. I found mine just looked better and had less body roll. Going with coilovers soon though cos the springs just dont get it low enough. Eibach and H&R springs are good.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Originally posted by Randomjim@Mar 3 2006, 01:49 PM
Wheels look good, bring it up to date. If you go with springs the ride won't be too harsh. I found mine just looked better and had less body roll. Going with coilovers soon though cos the springs just dont get it low enough. Eibach and H&R springs are good.

I have to disagree with both. I have the Tein Super Street Coilovers on my car. 16 settings for dampening. It rides no harsher than witht he stock setup. Plus, it's got a drop from 0.9 inches to 3.1. I'd say that's probably low enough. I can't put mine all the way down or it would sit on the body kit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
dont forget about messing up your alignment so you will need to get that done, aswell as get a camber kit, and bump steer kit also

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by B5AUDIS4@Mar 8 2006, 12:54 AM
I have to disagree with both. I have the Tein Super Street Coilovers on my car. 16 settings for dampening. It rides no harsher than witht he stock setup. Plus, it's got a drop from 0.9 inches to 3.1. I'd say that's probably low enough. I can't put mine all the way down or it would sit on the body kit.
I agree with you im going for coilovers so i can go lower, but i depends on how much you wanna spend. £90 for springs or £400+ for coilovers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts