Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone

Quick question... I have a 1999.5 A4 1.8T. Anyone know the simplest way to reset the check engine light? Also the oil service light is on... I tried pulling out the odometer knob while I push in the clock knob (worked once before) but to no avail now..very strange.

Anyways...any help would be amazing....specifically about the check engine light....

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by sargent1111@May 8 2006, 01:05 AM
Hey Everyone

Quick question... I have a 1999.5 A4 1.8T. Anyone know the simplest way to reset the check engine light? Also the oil service light is on... I tried pulling out the odometer knob while I push in the clock knob (worked once before) but to no avail now..very strange.

Anyways...any help would be amazing....specifically about the check engine light....

Thanks

Chris

Yeah same issue...
I'm sure I must have forgotten to tighten the fuel cap until it clicked and now I have the check engine light on and I don't feel like paying the dealer $85.00 to fix it.

Anybody?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just looking at my old posts and I now know the answer to this...
You need to get a OBD II reader (about $80.00 U.S. at a auto parts store). Once you connect it to the port below the steering wheel, it will tell you the error code...aka "P" code. Tell your local mechanic what that P code is so he/she can give you an idea what the problem is and how much it may cost to fix. Do not erase the codes as they may have more info that the mechanic needs. Erasing the error will reset the check engine light though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts