Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 jetta GLS and the check engine light is on. i've fixed lots of things including the catalytic converter and the starter, but nothing is working. i have the car maintained at a certified volkswagen service centre, and even they can't get the light to turn off. has anyone experienced this? is there any way to permanently shut it off?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Have you had the car plugged into vag com for a fault code reading? Have you tried disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes which i have heard sometimes resets the ecu.
I would say ther must be some kind of fault still there like a faulty sensor for the light to stay on. (maybe an 02 sensor)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply! I've had the codes read and apparently nothing shows up. The service guys can make the light turn off, but it always comes back on during the drive home. I've also tried disconnecting the battery (the most common recommendation). Do you know anything about cutting a wire to get it to turn off?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Has your mechanic replaced the Mass Air Flow Sensor? There also could be a vacuum leak in one of the emission control lines that does not show up until the car is under load. You may want to ask the mechanic to VAG COM the car during a test drive.
Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts