Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the gear knob can be removed and refitted as mine is beginnning to look a bit tatty; will one of the universal 'one size fits all' (so to speak) work for me?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Thats something i would like to know too. My wifes A3 gearknob has seen better days and she wanted it changed so i took it down to my local car audio/accessory shop and they said they coulnt work out how to get it off so is the local Audi dealer the only answer?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wanted to change the gear knob in my A3 so bought a universal one only to find out they don't fit.
If you lift the gator surround and pull the leather gator up you will see the make-up of the gear knob. It is longer than it looks and is clipped to a smaller metal shaft than most cars (VW's are the same). The only company that i know off that make a gearknob that fits is Momo, as you will see the bottom of the knob is longer. lot of money for a gearknob though!!

hope this helps and makes sense.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wish i had seen this thread before buying my new gear knob off E-bay! It appears to be a 'universal' fit style but upon taking out the original gear knob (plus gaitor as it's all a one-piece unit) i can't see any way of seperating the 'stalk' which fits onto the gear pole, to the new gear knob.
Great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts