Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 Audi 90. The battery was bad so I changed it. Easy enough. Now the radio won't turn on and the dealer said that is has some sort of security lock on it and it cost $95 to unlock. Anyone know what they do? Can I unlock this myself?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you have the radio manual? It should have the code to reset the radio and the instructions for how to load it. Different models of radio require different buttons to be held to get 1000 in the display, then you use buttons to set the number to your code. The code is usually on a tear-off page strip inside the front cover. It will be a four number code.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try another agent! It is a two minute job if you have the code. I imagine they can find the code from your car identification code.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you will have to go to the dealer. They take your radio out, plug their computer into the stock connector, and pull the code from that. No other way. I would suggest putting a new aftermarket radio in there. I have the same thing going on. If you find any other ways out, let me know, but so far the dealer seems to be the only way. UNLESS! You know where the car was bought from ORIGINALLY, then you can call THAT dealer and ask if they have the code on file.

-Shaun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts