Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first forum forgive any faux pas I may commit. My 2002 A4 1.8 is just a few months out of warranty and the steering rack has failed and a non dealer mechanic has told me the tensioner is bad and could be a prelude to a sludge problem. Anyone know the chain of command at Audi to expedite this? Or any advice? I bought this new, never wrecked and did double the oil changes at the dealer! Audi Girl

·
Registered
186 Posts
First, welcome to the group.
Second I just had lunch with a friend who had his A4 1.8T engine totally rebuilt under warranty by Audi. He was off warranty at the time but Audi has an extended warranty on these engies that fail due to oil sludge.
Third, I had some steering arms replaced by Audi as part of a recall on A4s. Not sure what years this extends to so check with your dealer.
Last, go to where you bought the car and remind them what a great customer you've been and that if they ever expect you to buy another Audi from them, they will help you out with your requests. If not, call in the area service mgr. Failing that, go to Audi head office. Just keep pushing. You will get results.

Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the reply...as of today the dealer is claiming that the tensioner just went out on its own - not related to sludge. One manager tells me they pulled the oil pan - they other says they didn't- they just checked oil pressure....Can you trust the responsible party to diagnose the problem??? I'm having a problem with that...I 'll check out that steering arm issue..thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts