Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my battery went flat and I took it out to charge it over night . After putting it back, I discovered that my whole central locking & alarm system has gone crazy.

Here are some details I notice:
  1. The central locking works when I press the locking button from inside the car.
  2. When i use the key to lock the car from the driver side, only the driver side door is locked. Alarm is not activated.
  3. When i use the key to lock the car from the passenger side, central locking and alarm is activiated. But unlocking it again from the passenger side only unlocks the passenger door and the alarm is not disarmed!!:confused: So natuarally, opening the door sets off the alarm :mad:
I used vag-com and the following code is retrieved:

Address 35 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 8L0 862 257 H
Component: ZV-Pumpe, DWA D05
Coding: 00266
Shop #: WSC 06313
2 Faults Found:
01367 - Central Locking Pump Run Time Exceeded (Likely Leak)
35-00 - -
01360 - Switch for Anti-Theft Alarm: Open
29-00 - Short to Ground

Address 45 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 8L0 951 173
Component: Innenraumueberw. D04
Coding: 00001
Shop #: WSC 06313
3 Faults Found:
01377 - Ultra Sonic Sensor for Alarm System: Left (G170)
31-00 - Open or Short to Ground
01378 - Ultra Sonic Sensor for Alarm System: Right (G171)
31-00 - Open or Short to Ground
01382 - Alarm triggered by Anti-Theft Sensor: Front Left
35-00 - -

End -------------------------------------------------------

Can someone please shed some light into what is happening..... HELP!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had a similar problem, but not this bad. I closed all doors and turned the key from the boot - open and close. See if that does the trick. Did for me. I found my central locking system played up if i tried to lock the doors and one of them was open! Dodgy i know!:confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any more suggestions anyone?

Does anyone know what this fault code means? Where is this Anti-Theft alarm switch?

29-00 - Short to Ground

·
Registered
49 Posts
sekenzo said:
Any more suggestions anyone?

Does anyone know what this fault code means? Where is this Anti-Theft alarm switch?

29-00 - Short to Ground
I know nothing about fault codes I'm afraid, but the second one (short to ground) could suggest it's worth checking your battery terminals after you reconnected the battery, particularly the -ve terminal. Make sure they're done up tight so they can carry enough current etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Sekenzo....guess what as luck would have it...my central locking system is doing the same thing as yours now. It even tried locking me in when I got into the car. Did you get it sorted after all??? I'll be putting off going to the garage for a while as i've just paid out quite a bit for a Windscreen and a Cat Coverter!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P887PLX said:
Hi Sekenzo....guess what as luck would have it...my central locking system is doing the same thing as yours now. It even tried locking me in when I got into the car. Did you get it sorted after all??? I'll be putting off going to the garage for a while as i've just paid out quite a bit for a Windscreen and a Cat Coverter!
Sorry for the late response. I have got my car sorted now. It basically down to a short on the door heating controller which turned on the heating for an extended duration causing the mutiple switches to fail and melting the lock's mirco-switch!! I ended up changing the parts myself and its all sorted now. Hope you have your's sorted as well..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: 01360 - Switch for Anti-Theft Alarm: Open

Have you replaced the Audi stereo? There is a single wire (grey I think (gray for our colonial cousins)) on the back of the stereo that sets the alarm off if the head unit is removed. If you've replaced the head unit this 'alarm' will be permanently triggered.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jonallport said:
Re: 01360 - Switch for Anti-Theft Alarm: Open

Have you replaced the Audi stereo? There is a single wire (grey I think (gray for our colonial cousins)) on the back of the stereo that sets the alarm off if the head unit is removed. If you've replaced the head unit this 'alarm' will be permanently triggered.

Hope it helps.
Thanks. I have replaced the stereo, but it is not the problem. This time VAG-COM is telling the truth about the alarm being shorted to ground. Like i say in the previous post, it is the door heating controller that is being shorted hence all the problem. It all sorted now after replacing the controller and the melted microswitch. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts