Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A month ago I got my car (a 2002 1.8T 180bhp TT) chipped - I've been very, very happy with the performance of the car since it got remapped.

3 days after I got the car remapped it was booked in for a service, the morning before the service a CEL was displaying on the dash. I handed the car in for its service. When i got the car back the CEL was gone but the car didn't seem to have the same performance it used too. I suspected they wiped the ECU map so I got the car remapped again (same map, no change was made to the map). The performance of the car still didn't seem to be what it was before I handed it in for a service! When i accellerate fully now it feels like the car is being restricted in some way.. like it CAN go faster, but something isn't letting it!

During some light traffic the other day the CEL came on again, this time I luckily had a vag-com cable to read the fault:

17544 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Add): System too Lean
P1136 - 35-00 -

I suspected it was the MAF - i used vag-com to take a reading from the MAF while redlining the car in 1st and 2nd gear - in both gears it read 169g/s which I think is about right for a chipped 1.8T right?? I also drove the car with the MAF disconnected and didn't really notice any change in performance.

Can anyone tell me what else it could be?? I did two 0-100 tests last night for the sake of curiosity and they were 7.75 and 7.45 respesctively (the second time i just launched off a bit faster). This 0-100 time seems to confirm the car isn't running as fast as it should.

I'm gonna tear my hair out!! Please someone help me before I end up balding myself! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
What octane fuel are you running in it? Sometimes remaps are set up to be run with a higher octane fuel 98 or higher.
Have you upgraded the dv since the remap or running on stock boschunit which are prone to breaking down and are not reccommended for remaps? If the dv is faulty it could be leaking or not putting the correct pressure back into the intake causing bad mixture.Worth checking?
What country are you in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!

I'm not actually too sure of what octane fuel's in it - i think it's 98 thou - the last fill i got was actually at a shell station using their normal unleaded stuff (not the pura "blend").

I just did a quick group 115 test and from what I can see it looks like i'm losing boost ?? Am i reading it correctly ? At lower loads things seem fine, then as the load increases the difference between the cmd & intercooler pressure gets greater!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts