Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There all,
I am getting the "Error 3" message on my Symphony 2 unit. I have CD's in ALL 6 slots but I now, not only get this message, but I also cannot get my CD's out!!
One of my local dealers has said it's finnish and the only option os around £250 for an exchange unit! They also told me that as my car is out of warranty (it's under 3 years old but done 110,00 miles!) that it would be ok if I wanted to open the unit to try and either get it working or get my CD's out. However, the warranty seal on the unit also says that "Exchange" will be void if the seal is broken???

Any ideas guys?

Incidentally, the unit has been doing this on and off for at least 12 months, and when I told the dealer and said I'd always put that down to the fact I use copied CD's so the originals can't get stolen, he told me that copied CD's invalidate the warranty in any case!

Also, this has happened as my vehicle has been sat on the drive all week, but when I've had it out to change my car phone kit!!

Regards,
Dave.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts

copied cds wont make a differance... if it does not like them it will just error and spit them back out..

have you manged to unplug the changer?? and reconnect power??

if the changer knacked and out of warrenty try opening it... you have nothing to lose... also you can fit any aftermarket changer to the head unit any way... it all standard plugs..

let us know how you get on.

Rickt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick.
I've tried un-pluging it totally as I did that to get it away from me diving into the dash to do the phone kit, However, no joy! In the past when it's give me that ERROR 3 when playing CD's it would let me skit tracks and / or change discs and eject disc's. Now if I'm listening to the Radio and press the CD buttom, it say's "No CD"
So, is the dealer feeding me a line about the warranty being void if they were to find copied CD's in it?
I'm confussed as to why the seal sticker also says that "EXchange" is void if seal is broken?
Is there a why of re-setting the magazine inside?
Dave.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
sounds a draft one this what im going to say... but is there a "reset button on the back... u know one of them really little ones which you need a pin?? as my old old Sony one did..

Cheers

Rickt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed the Symphony 2 Error 3!!!

:)

Hi saw no "reset" type button on the back.

Well,

I decided that paying Audi £300 wasn't an option, so, I stripped the unit down!!!

I did this WITHOUT breaking the seal!!!

I took the front end completely off, released the CD magazine, pulled it out from the head unit which then enabled me to look directly at the CD's in the unit.

I could see that they were not all in-line so with a very small screw driver I simply pushed the edges of the CD's together which in-turn snapped them back into place!

I'm not sure how I would have got the CD's out if I had needed to, but thankfully it was not needed!

So, the unit went back together, back in the car and hay presto. it works fine!!!!

I hope others read this as I'm sure there are many prople who just shell out the money!

I must point out though, it is not a job for the "Heavy Handed"

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Wicked result!!!

As i said before "if the changer knacked and out of warrenty try opening it... you have nothing to lose.."

Bet you felt well proud!! LOL!!

Rickt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts