Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have just bought a 98 Audi A3 1.6 3 door sport, which I am picking up tomorrow...

It currenty has the standard din sized stereo head unit in it (i think it is called a concert) which has the mode button on it.

It does not currently have the CD changer in the boot, but I would like to get one. My question is - is it pre wired for the cd changer or do I need to run a lead down the car from the headunit?

Thanks alot

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can buy CD changers with a conversion kit, I'll be doing it myself, try Kellko.co.uk, they sell a Sony CD changer with a conversion kit for £150. There should be a lead near the vacinity of where the changer would go in the boot.

Originally posted by jimmyb@Aug 24 2004, 09:03 AM
Hi all

I have just bought a 98 Audi A3 1.6 3 door sport, which I am picking up tomorrow...

It currenty has the standard din sized stereo head unit in it (i think it is called a concert) which has the mode button on it.

It does not currently have the CD changer in the boot, but I would like to get one. My question is - is it pre wired for the cd changer or do I need to run a lead down the car from the headunit?

Thanks alot

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by acalladine@Aug 24 2004, 12:40 PM
You can buy CD changers with a conversion kit, I'll be doing it myself, try Kellko.co.uk, they sell a Sony CD changer with a conversion kit for £150. There should be a lead near the vacinity of where the changer would go in the boot.
Thanks alot for your help :)
You can also get plently on ebay - no warranty though...

Cheers
Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts