Audi Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my neighbours cat keeps sitting on my convertible roof and has slightly damaged the fabric with its claws. Anybody got any ideas how I can stop the damed thing before it does any serious damage

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
put a cover over your roof, or get a car cover

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you talked to your neighbor and asked them? Maybe they will have a solution? If not, I'd be pissed... To the point where I'd tell them either keep their cat indoors or start paying for a new top for your car.

They could declaw the cat, but then the cat would have no defense since it's obviously an outdoor cat. That would be a tad cruel.

I think the best thing to do is if you see the cat on your car, spray it with water. This works better than you may think... Eventually the cat will get in it's head that he/she is not supposed to be in that spot. I'm talking supersoaker that thing! However, the only problem is once you hit that cat with water, those claws will come out and he/she will bolt off of that car quick. So, it might mess up your car even more...

Hmm... no good solution. I say go talk to your neighbors first. Then if they don't do anything about it like keep the cat indoors or keep an eye on the cat and make sure it's not on your car, I say call animal control.... I don't know what they'll do, but I would try.

That would make me SO mad. My friends cat used to crawl all over my S2000 when I went to his house and I would get pissed. He made sure he kept her in doors when I was over.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
make sure ur smart about this... take a picture of the cat on ur car, a few times... then show it to the owner... then get an estimate of the damage, then if the owner doesnt want to pay.... go to court and ur guarenteed a victory! chyea 3 pts for kayzee high 5

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
you can get cat training spray which not not mark carpet furniture etc... you spray that on and the cat keeps away.... try on the roof??? make sure it does not mark before spraying it!!

ALSO... dont mix it up with CATNIP which would drive it crazy on your ROOF!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the cat must have read this forum as it hasnt been back on my roof since I posted this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cover the roof with black pepper. I did it years ago on my Jeep and it works well. You have to reapply every time you drive, but it works and is harmless to the fabric.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts