Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I'm stumped.

When I bought my '04 allroad, it was missing its cargo blind. I have the vertical net barrier but not the roll-out cargo cover.

After some research and endless double-checking of the part number (4B9 863 553 A 94H), I was convinced that the part is interchangeable between all C5 models. I then ordered one.

It arrived, has the correct part number on the sticker but the cylindrical housing into which the cover retracts is about three inches short across the width of the car. It Is barely long enough to even rest on the cutouts, let alone clip into the retention mechanism.

At the end that pulls out, it's not wide enough to click into the slots by the tailgate to hold the cover in place.

Have I purchased the wrong part (an A4 one)? Surely they don't share a part number!

I'm a little reluctant to buy another one now because I don't have faith in the part number. Once bitten...

Am I losing my mind?

I'll try to post some pics later.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
1 Posts
cargo cover

Just curious, did you ever find a cargo cover that fits? I am looking for one for my 2003 allroad.

Okay. I'm stumped.

When I bought my '04 allroad, it was missing its cargo blind. I have the vertical net barrier but not the roll-out cargo cover.

After some research and endless double-checking of the part number (4B9 863 553 A 94H), I was convinced that the part is interchangeable between all C5 models. I then ordered one.

It arrived, has the correct part number on the sticker but the cylindrical housing into which the cover retracts is about three inches short across the width of the car. It Is barely long enough to even rest on the cutouts, let alone clip into the retention mechanism.

At the end that pulls out, it's not wide enough to click into the slots by the tailgate to hold the cover in place.

Have I purchased the wrong part (an A4 one)? Surely they don't share a part number!

I'm a little reluctant to buy another one now because I don't have faith in the part number. Once bitten...

Am I losing my mind?

I'll try to post some pics later.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
1 Posts
does anyone know what the part number is for those clips that hold it in place when you are covering the entire trunk and it hooks into those precut slots?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts