Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '98 1.8t that won't stay running for more than about 2 seconds. The problem started when I was driving (about 35mph) and it felt like it stumbled a bit. When I approached a stoplight and pushed the clutch in it shut off. It starts up right away and will start right back up after it dies as well. If I start it with my foot on the gas it'll rev up to about 2500-3000 RPM before shutting off, and it will die within a half second or so. So far I have checked all the hoses for a major vacuum leak,checked all of the fuses, changed the fuel pump, and replaced the cam sensor. It has a new MAF with only a few hundred miles on it, and the fuel filter has about 1500 miles on it. The car is not throwing any codes on OBDII or VAG-COM. I've looked just about everywhere but I can't seem to find any solutions for it. I would appreciate any advice on what to try next. I would like to avoid throwing parts at it so if anyone has any more diagnostic tests to try I would be very thankful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a '98 1.8t that won't stay running for more than about 2 seconds. The problem started when I was driving (about 35mph) and it felt like it stumbled a bit. When I approached a stoplight and pushed the clutch in it shut off. It starts up right away and will start right back up after it dies as well. If I start it with my foot on the gas it'll rev up to about 2500-3000 RPM before shutting off, and it will die within a half second or so. So far I have checked all the hoses for a major vacuum leak,checked all of the fuses, changed the fuel pump, and replaced the cam sensor. It has a new MAF with only a few hundred miles on it, and the fuel filter has about 1500 miles on it. The car is not throwing any codes on OBDII or VAG-COM. I've looked just about everywhere but I can't seem to find any solutions for it. I would appreciate any advice on what to try next. I would like to avoid throwing parts at it so if anyone has any more diagnostic tests to try I would be very thankful.
Most likely you will need a new fuel pump usually car will start and turn off by itself. Went thru that with my former white 2006 A6.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts