Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car sat for about 5 months till i got the money to get it fixed.....after fixed its extremely sluggish and loses power at 4500 rpms............From researching around , ive heard adding 1 qt of ethanol to 10 gallons of fuel , changing the air filter and checking for boost leakage are some good things to check after haveing your car sit. Any1 else know of any other things i can try to maintenance that might fix this horrible problem =(

ps: Ive heard something about cleaning throttle body , if i should do that? how the hell do i do it , sounds and looks very complicated? :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Add some of a product called Heet. It'll clean out all the water that has probably accumulated in your tank. You best bet though, is to drain the gas tank and start with fresh gas.

·
Registered
79 Posts
cleaning the throttle body is fairly easily all you need to do is get carb cleaner and unhook the hose than connects to the throttle body and after you do that spray the carb cleaner directly into the throttle body and let it sit for about 30 minuetes and repeat the process two times and should run alot smoother after that.

·
Registered
328 Posts
gas can loose octane from sitting, also your oil has probably broken down and lost viscosity. Oil is an organtic material and it does break down overtime.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Basically you need to do a full service Oil, filters, sparkplugs and check for air leaks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts