Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my S4 recently from a family friend and another issue has come up with it.

The car pulls to the right pretty roughly while driving. I took it to NTB for an alignment check & tire rotation, but that wasn't the issue.

I do know that the car has been in a frontal accident, but not bad enough to affect the engine. I'm thinking the accident could be the source of the problem.

Does this issue sound familiar to anyone? Any clues as to how I should go about resolving this issue, or is it even repairable?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
It sounds like maybe the car might have took a knock or bent something on the front suspension/steering arm? when the accident happened.Was the car professionally repaired or DIY with just the visible body/panelwork done?
Have you had the car inspected underneath ? a good garage should sort it out for you. Let us know how you get on.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
i argree with T-sport... it does not take much att all to start bending things on the front end even after a slow impact... im surprised the alignment check & tire rotation didnt fine anything as i would of thought they woul not of been able to line the tracking up etc.....

Does this happen on all road types???

Rickt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the car was repaired at the dealer, and before I bought it I took the car to a mechanic that specializes in German cars... after lifting it and giving it a full inspection (even after being alerted about the collision) he gave it a clean bill of health.

The pull happens on all road types at all speeds.

I guess from this point I'm going to have to take it to a shop and give it one last inspection. If it can't be fixed then I guess I'll learn to deal, but that's not really the "last resort" I was hoping for.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
just a quick thought..... have you checked your front tyre presures?? even 5 psi difference can give you a differet feel of drive...?? just a quick check...

Cheers

Rickt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts