Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone

i no that the audi has a recirculating system where the turbo puts the sir back into the intake. my mechanic tells me that if i take off the diverter valve the car will cut off . i was wondering if this is true and if it is can i have both a diverter var and blow off valve in my car without having ne performance problems or affect the car in ne way.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
don't install a BOV on the 1.8t. Here are two reasons why: firt of all (which you already discussed) the 1.8t isnt made for a BOV. It has a diverter valve. Reason 2: ususally people put blow off valves on for proformance reasons, putting on on a 1.8t would only sound cool, not really give you any proformance - actually proformance would probably suffer.

You need to get an aftermarket diverter valve like the one from Forge. You'll get a similar sound to a BOV without the other problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k thanks alot i wont be installing a blow off valve i think ill just leave the existing diverter valve (if it aint broke dont change it_).

my next problem is MY POWER STEERING line the line is passing over the transmission and and going into the steering box and leaking right there how do i take out this high pressure line the leaking fluid already cost me 2 transmission mounts i managed to convince a guy workin in the audi shop 2 sell me 1 for $10 .but i am ordering another but i must change the hose please tell me how i go about getting it

·
Registered
10 Posts
i saw this weird hybrid bov on another forum its a combo of both the diverter and blow off vavle does anyone know of this and how it performs

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
no.. but not sure why you'd want that... i'd rather have the excess air pushed back into the air system rather than being shot into the atmosphere :huh:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Originally posted by DTM384@Jan 26 2005, 05:09 PM
i dont know i guess im one of those who likes the sound
diverter valves make a louder sound too... just a different type. ppl who know audis/vws know the sound. people who really know audis/vws who here a BOV "pssssssst" will be mad at you :p

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
hard to describe.. still sounds like air being moved from one place to another.. a diverter valve sounds more mechanical i'd say... just get one. its just about the same price as a BOV

1 - 11 of 11 Posts