Audi Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 2.0 last fall because I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on an S4. Does anyone have any mathamatical proof or hunch of what HP you would need or what can be done to an A4 so it can perform like an S4. Knowing the S4 has the V8 but weighs more I thought there would a certain amount of HP to get the A4, which is lighter, to peform similarly to an S4.
What do you think? Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
just wait until there is a nice turbo upgrade for the 2.0T cause all there is rite now is a K04 turbo upgrade which wont be like an S4 yet

there are turbo upgraded 1.8Ts that blow S4s out of the water so just wait until there is a nice turbo upgrade for the 2.0T

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see the APR K04 kit for $4200. The upgrade you are suggesting to wait for, do you think it would involve cams and intercooler as well as swapping out the turbo and the chip? I don't really want to go nuts with cams and intercooler and possibly have issues with reliability as well as spending a bunch of cash.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
no one replaces cams
at most if u want to go 400hp+ u gotta change the intercooler, pistion and connecter rods

oh yea and APR is super over priced just wait until a nice turbo kit comes out for the fsi 2.0t, the k04 is weak anyways but better then the stock k03 but worth 4k

·
Registered
1 Posts
im looking to buy either a4 2.0t or s4. this relates to vt's question about modding a 2.0 to get the performance of an s4. has anyone pushed the limits of the block so far? how much boost can it handle?

·
Registered
8 Posts
their is a way easier way around that then adding or upgrading a new turbo....APR chip , Exhaust (with test pipes) , intake ..you will have 310-320HP to the crank and 280-290hp to the wheels..UNDERESTIMATED CAR!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brokez said:
im looking to buy either a4 2.0t or s4. this relates to vt's question about modding a 2.0 to get the performance of an s4. has anyone pushed the limits of the block so far? how much boost can it handle?
Go for the S4. Recaro seats are just sexy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
R3DL1NETHIZ23 said:
their is a way easier way around that then adding or upgrading a new turbo....APR chip , Exhaust (with test pipes) , intake ..you will have 310-320HP to the crank and 280-290hp to the wheels..UNDERESTIMATED CAR!
So what you are saying is by adding those things NOT a big turbo upgrade and the power will be 280 or so to the wheels? Thats VERY interesting since im on the hunt now for a A4 but want a bit more "punch" without spending 5k plus and loosing reliability.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts