Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE ANYONE boot lock on 80 cabriolet wont work wont unlock with central locking and wont turn with key like its jammed or wrong key when its not . Does any one know a way into boot or an emergency relesae or any experence of same fault i have a feeling its a safety device to do with roof as roof wasent working that kept stopping half way but now bbot is locked it works again but doesent click down cover on first attempt PLEASEITS DOIN MY HEAD IN GOT ALL BABY STUFF STUCK IN THERE THANKS :( :unsure: :crying:

·
Registered
74 Posts
is it frozen???

try pressing down on the boot lid as you activate the lock either with the key or central locking there may be something caught in the lock or boot seal causing the lock to tighten--other than that i cant suggest anything -good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
Did you manage to fix the problem?

If not, it may be that you've got a faulty microswitch in the roof box deck hatch.
The microswitch overides the central locking for the boot to prevent you opening it while the deck hatch is open. When you close the hatch, the central locking is released.

The microswitch is located under the little flaps on the seat belt pillars which rise when you open the roof. When you close the hatch there's a little lever in here that closes over the mechanism. If you lift the little flaps you can see the top of the lever (sort of brass colour). You also use these levers to open the roof manually if the power hood fails (like mine has).

These levers operate the microswitch which is on the end of a black plastic peg/lever. With the hatch open you can push this peg back and forth and hear the switch operate.

Make sure the brass lever is completely pushed down when the deck is closed....this should solve the problem. If not you may have dirty/faulty microswitches.

If you know how to fix the power roof, or know where I can get a circuit diagram, please let me know.

Regards
Adrian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same kind of trouble - any of these ideas work?

Just purchased a '98 Cabriolet and can't get into the trunk. The Anti-theft system works fine, and the trunk lock turns clockwise from vertical fine. turning counterclockwise, it only responds a little to pressure, enough to turn the anti-theft off.

Took it to a local dealer, and one of their guys suggested that one of the little plastic arms is probably separated from the lock mechanism. Though I'd go in through the back seat, but can't figure out how that comes apart.

Would the microswitch have any impact on my ability to rotate the key counterclockwise?

How did you ultimately get in your trunk?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts