Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '92 Quattro 100cs w/ a buzzer that comes on when key is turned on and only turns off when key is switched off. Also turns on if radio is turned on w/ ign off. Buzzer makes different noises for seatbelt and for key left in ignition. Not sure about door ajar tone don't seem to have one; so maybe that's the ticket. All switches seem to be in one piece, but maybe one is faulty? Just about ready to remove buzzer (if I can get to it). Thanks! :57:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:gitara: Went to the library where they have "All Data" ( an automotive database ), and found that the buzzer is a radio/parking light buzzer. Or at least that's what they call it. The worst part is that it is located up under the dash somewhere behind the oil temp and pressure gages. The Audi dealer says it is old and defective (Um, Yea) and thought that there was a relay for it somewhere; The parts guy thought it was a relay w/ the buzzer built in (no such luck!). So it looks as if I should return to the library to see if I can find some sort of connector ( in the wiring diagram ) that is accessible and simply disconnect it, or pay hundreds of dollars to have it removed, or just drive my car into the ocean and walk the sand w/ the crustaceans. Err um I should probably check the library first. It's just that I can't think w/ this buzzing in my ears. At least I have this fine forum to vent and share my frustrations. Thanks. :puzzled: P.S. battery is fine.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Oh man...Nice to hear your progress. The buzzer wouls drive me crazy also.We all feel your pain. Hang in there. :grouphug:

·
Registered
26 Posts
IF your car is the same as my A6 C4, (being US spec it may not), then this buzzer is inside the instrument panel unit. Can't think why it would be on all the time unless someone has messed with the wiring at the radio or lighting at some point?

I have a few instruments here and can take & post some images of where the buzzer is and how to get to it. It will involve removing the instruments binnacle, and some minor disassembly, but it is pretty easy, no special tools required just a small torx T15 or T20 & 8mm deep 1/4 socket I think from memory.... You don't need to remove the steering wheel..

Anyhow this assumes the instruments are basically the same as the Audi 100 facelift, (A6 C4), and mine are all from UK spec cars, (right hand drive cars),

Let me know..... :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts