Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I am new here, in fact this is my very first message. I got a few questions for you. I own right now a 2000 BMW 528i ,but im just about to sell it after owning it for 2 years. Great car, i just need something new. And i found this 1998 Audi A6, 1 owner , 60k miles fully loaded, even has xenon lights ,memory seats and all that. His best price would be $ 9500. Do you guys think its whort it? Beautiful car, black outside, dark burgundy inside, leather, moonroof, the only thing that i dont like is the automatic transmission, but i guess i have to live with it. Is it true that this car is underpowered like i heard? that the 2,8 V6 is not to powereful? what about the price? Thank you. Brad

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
The 2.8 should be plenty enough power as they used it in the A4 quattro up until 2001 and i drove one and thought it was quick.It should have about 193 bhp and even though it has a automatic transmission would only be a second or two slower on acceleration.You got to bear in mind when this car was new would have cost about $50000 so is a goood buy for $9500 in my opinion and is barely run in with 60k on the clock.Here is an example of one on uk ebay.
eBay.co.uk: 1998 AUDI A6 2.8 QUATTRO AUTO GREEN AUTO (item 180013226634 end time 07-Aug-06 12:28:32 BST)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts