Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats guys I'm looking to buy a new car and I want AWD do to the weather in Ohio and I need a family car aswell. I have a couple of other choices in mind, I just wanted some feed back from A6 drivers as to why A6, like: maint, power, upgrads, fun, reliable, overall

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by jusakidd@Jan 12 2005, 04:26 AM
Whats guys I'm looking to buy a new car and I want AWD do to the weather in Ohio and I need a family car aswell. I have a couple of other choices in mind, I just wanted some feed back from A6 drivers as to why A6, like: maint, power, upgrads, fun, reliable, overall
The A6 is a great choice. I have owned BMW and Mercedes in the past and my wife has had several Volvos. In my opinion, the A6 (new and old body styles) is a great choice. Great on the road, stylish interior, and very reasonable upkeep and trouble free compared to some of the other cars I have owned.
Since I own one, the 2.7T engine and six speed is a real blast to drive and very economical on the highway.
As for family space, there is a lot of room in the back seat and the seats fold to allow for extra space.
Good luck!! :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Originally posted by greenalfa@Jan 12 2005, 06:17 AM
The A6 is a great choice. I have owned BMW and Mercedes in the past and my wife has had several Volvos. In my opinion, the A6 (new and old body styles) is a great choice. Great on the road, stylish interior, and very reasonable upkeep and trouble free compared to some of the other cars I have owned.
Since I own one, the 2.7T engine and six speed is a real blast to drive and very economical on the highway.
As for family space, there is a lot of room in the back seat and the seats fold to allow for extra space.
Good luck!! :)
Hello and welcome.
I also live in Ohio and have been fighting the snow and ice. I must say that my A6 4.2 Q is a great car in the snow. I traded a Trailblazer in on the Audi and notice no difference in my ability to get around except when the snow is above the fog lights. I have the 17" forged wheels on the car and have noticed that these do tend to gather snow and ice, causing some wheel shimmy when I do get to a dry patch of road. Simple enough to get rid of by washing out the wheels.
By the way; your kids will love the looks their friends give them when you pick them up at school.
Let us know your decision :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by jusakidd@Jan 12 2005, 03:26 AM
Whats up guys I'm looking to buy a new car and I want AWD do to the weather in Ohio and I need a family car aswell. I have a couple of other choices in mind, I just wanted some feed back from A6 drivers as to why A6, like: maint, power, upgrads, fun, reliable, overall
Thanks for all the great input, I have actually found one that I'm going to purchase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A6- why buying -> 4 years later

Dear all,
researched alot for user reviews and comments about the A6 2005 and later. i´m going to purchase a 2./ TDI form 2006 with some extras...

any typical problems know by know which would make you regret the purchase??!

For me it´s about money too. It´s ok for me buy and maintain the car in a standard way, but if there are some major issues i might have to face, i cant buy it. actually it´s just that simple...

As my old car broke down, and i´m going to buy a car soon, i would really highly appreciate your experience and knowledge a lot!

Kindest, marley B)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts