Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm considering buying a 2000 a4 1.8T. It's in great condition for 110k Km on it. I'm new to Audi's, is there anything I should be looking out for for that year? I checked consumer reports for that year and they are not great, but these reports are often hit and miss. However, it's definitly a cool car :) Anything I should check would be of great help, thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Darwould
Just make sure it's got a full service history. Really important,
Good luck my friend. The A4 2000 1.8 TQ is a great car. If you have access to a U280 VW Audi Seat OBD 2 ENGINE SCANNER/CODE READER or simiualar if the owner allow's you plug it in and check to see if there are any error's post the codes and we will see how she is.
Happy Buying
Addam

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Yes the owner has given me the car for a week to test out. It has also been to the Audi dealer for all service up to 96k so should be god there as well. I'll be read'n the codes tomorrow too. We'll see... and thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Keep the oil changed reguarly if not getting audi to carry on with the servicing is very important on the 1.8t to avoid oil sludge in the engine and it should go on for many more miles-My A3 1.8 t has just hit 140km and runs still like new. good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, one other Nubie question.

I have an ODB2 scanner - borrowed for a short time. When I went to plug it in, the connector pushed through the plastic panel. How do I remove this panel to reseat the connector? As I have not bought the car yet, I think it would be rude to break the panel trying to take it off J

What's the trick? It seems to be on there good. I know there's a clip or something, but I'm not far enough on the learning curve yet. I know there's a post that covers this probably, but I only have the reader for a short time and have not had time to navigate all the posts (I assure you I will though) - any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts