Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum...
Within the next month im buying my dads '98 A4 Avant and its a 2.8 30v quattro. Its a fun car to drive and ive read some of the forums and done a lot of research and cant find hardly any performance parts for the 2.8L. It has adequate power, but im definately going to want to at least do an exhuast/intake to open it up a bit and hear the engine better with some added performance. So far ive found no intakes, and i can only think to go custom with the exhaust...

Any tips on companys that make intakes or CB exhaust systems for a 2.8? or any other performance mods available?

- Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm new too..... not got mine yet, but looking at a 97 2.8 Quattro at the weekend.

I'd seen a couple of websites that offered chips for the 2.8 30V that took it from 193 to 211 bhp, one was this one Click Here

Cheers,
Jon

·
Registered
195 Posts
The only exhaust I have found for the 2.8 motor is from Milltek. Sold by stratmosphere - along with a bunch of other Audi stuff. Good website, check it out:

http://www.stratmosphere.com/milltek_a4_catback.htm

Not much else available for the V6. Exhaust should give you about 15HP and cost is about $900 USD. I would stick with a brand name exhaust rather than custom. I think you will have fewer problems and it will perform better, especially since this is one of the few performance upgrades you can make - don't want to take any chances.

VB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts