Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems a bit of a lonely place for us Gti'ers. Well, hi from me, I've signed up to see what you're doing with your 1.8t engines to make them go faster. I also work on a friends S4 so I have no doubt I'll be picking your brains on that one in the near future :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I plan on getting a 2000 Golf GTI next summer and just want to ask if it is a good vehicle to mod because it will strictly be for racing/cruising and my a4 will be my daily driver. Does the 2000 GTI have the turbo, i'm pretty sure that it does for the 1.8t engines but just want to make sure. And I'm not sure if i read this write but does it come stock at 180hp? I'm kind of dissapointed that there isn't anyone else in this forum. Well i'll be waiting for your reply and thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Well guys as the engine is also used by Audi you could post in the Performance section as any tuning will near on be the same for all the 1.8T engines.

I think the 180bhp Golf has a red i to show its the 180bhp model.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be sure that you do buy the turbo version, otherwise you'll be sadly dissappointed. The 1.8t is mint, you'll be amazed at the figures these motors are producing.
The best bang per $$$ is the Re-map :D
What did you have in mind?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I thought that the 1.8T (Mk4) Golf GTi only went up to 150bhp??

There's four engines for a Mk4 GTI...

1.8 20V NA 140bhp, but gutless at low revs and u have to rev the nuts off it - VERY limited run!!
2.0 8V 115bhp... lots of torque, but ultimately not much fun....
1.8 20V T 150bhp and the one that most people go for...
1.9 TDI 150bhp... feels faster than the 1.8T, but there's not much in it (TDi has more "area under the curve"), but 1.8T is lighter...

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
very nice post!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts