Audi Forums banner

Bubbling Sound Coming From The Back?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  epreed 
#1 ·
Hey all:

I have a 2000 A4 1.8t with about 35k on the odometer. Every once and a while (it seems random, I can't find a pattern) after starting, a weird, bubbling, boiling sound comes from the rear of the car. It lasts for a few seconds and then vanishes. The only way I can describe it is it sounds like there is a blender in the gas tank!

Like I said before, it seems totally random to me. There may be a pattern to it but I haven't picked up on it yet. If anybody has experienced this, I would appreciate any input.

Also, on a similar note, where is the fuel pump on my car?

Thanks in advance!
Eric oooo

#3 ·
Also, on a similar note, where is the fuel pump on my car

Usually the fuel pump is in the gas tank. I was digging through the trunk of my S4 today, and pulled up the spare tire cover. There's an access cover for the fuel ppump near the back. As to the bubbling noise...could be midgets with champagne!
Try turning your key to the run position without actually starting the engine. This will activate all the systems including the fuel pump. Listen to see if you can hear the noise more clearly without the engine noise. It wouldn't be abnormal to get some noise (bubbling/gurgling) from the fuel pump as it builds up pressure upon activation.

Otherwise, hire a good lawyer and get those midgets evicted! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.