Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month my brake lamp came on indicating the brake pad might be low. I checked all four brake pads and they had ALOT of meat on them. So i decided not to replace them immediately. Well a few weeks ago my ABS light and a red "brake" light comes on as well whenever they want to and i hear 3 beeps. Usually when i start the car, after a few minutes it dissapears and comes back on whenever it wants to....

1. I will replace the brake pads. Would this possibly help that ABS light from never coming on again?
2. Has anyone had this problem b4? What did u do to fix the ABS light problem? I hope i dont have to replace the ABS unit which will cost about $1,200 alone without labor.

HELPPPPPPP PLEASEEEEEE!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had a similar problem on a 1995 A4. The ABS light and the red brake light went on , with the same 3 beeps, whenever I started the car and pulled up to 5 km/h. ABS was working, though. I could feel it work while braking hard: the wheels did not block and the brake pedal was "pulsing". Eventually turned out that one of the wheel sensors was a little misplaced, although it was working. The garage placed it in the correct position and the problem was solved.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far the braking system has been no luck for me whatsoever!.

After the abs light and brake pad light came on, heres what happened:

Passenger side rear brake pad was completely done with, so done that the pin inside was squealing telling me to replace asap. So i did and i had to go to my girlfriends mecahnic since he's the only one that would take me in at 8:00pm. This had to be replaced asap!.

He shaved all 4 of my rotors; mistake and bad job i might add
Rear passenger side piston came all the way out of the brake caliper
He replaced the pads with HawkPS pads that I bought
He let me drive the car out!! Said nothing about the piston seizing.

20 minutes later on the highway, i smell smoke.
Pull over, my rear rotor is glowing, YES GLOWING!. Who needs a lighter? Light your ciggarette on my rotor!.

I had no choice but to finish driving to my destination, no where near my house or my mechanic. The next morning had to go to a local mechanic shop to get it fixed. Someone i dont know personally. The rotor was so warpped from the heat, that i had to replace BOTH rear rotors to maintain equalness. He pushed the piston back in, so thats ok now.

HawkHPS brakes supposedly are awesome, but the 1st retard who shaved my rotors shaved them a bit to much and the braking isnt as good as it should be.
CROSS DRILLED or SLOTTED rotors im putting on next in the front. I havent had any problems again with the rear caliper, but i think replacing it also might be a good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts