Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

following a recent service I was told to replace the front brakes (discs and pads)... had this done today, and the mechanic said that even after trying to turn off the warning with the diagnostic computer, the warning will not go off.

I'm selling this tip-top vehicle so I need this bloody light off!!!

Anybody got any ideas that won't involve me paying some Audi dealership a small fortune to fix?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
u need a vagcom, u can look for an aftermarket tuner they usually have vagcom and they do it for way cheaper then the dealer

·
Registered
9 Posts
the mechanic should have installed pads that have a chip in them so it will send the signal to the computer. ask if he did this. the brake pads are specific for audi. if he did and it still wont go off. then take it to a dealer they wont charge to clear the setting, usally.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I think it could be a faulty level sensor on the pad which sends a signal when the pad gets to low or a cheap set of pads without the level sensor... OR a wire/connector could of been knocked (off) while the pads have been fitted and due to no signal from the sesor the light will also come on for safety reasons etc..

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts