Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, first post on this forum so hello to everybody.

My girlfriends car is a 51 plate A4 1.9 Tdi. her brake warning light has come on and is the one with a circle with two broken lines round each side. From a forum search this would be the Pad warning ?

I checked the pads which are fine but the sensor wire had been cut on the offside. This I have temp fixed by stripping a section of the wires crimping them and re insulating them. ( MOT due soon !! )

I restarted the car but the light is still on :mad:

1 . Is this fix just a waste of time and should I get new pads / discs (however they are allmost new) ?

2. Does the car ecu need resetting ?

3. Does the car re-check its sensors when it hits any certain road speed or is it constantly checking all senosrs ?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated to make my skinned knuckles worthwhile !

Pete ( UK Oldham )

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Well you are in the wrong section as you have a B6 not a B5 but I would say see if you can buy a new sensor if not buy another set and just plug in the sensor for the time being.

The sensors work on a ground principle I think and should reset them selves once replace as I have the same thing and VAG dose not see the fault.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts